We are very proud of our Student Leadership Team, they are fine role models for the rest of the school. Sixth Formers are the leaders of the future and participation in the Student Leadership Team provides them with the opportunity to develop the essential skills for success such as confidence, resilience, team work, organisation and communication skills.
As heads of the student body they play an important role in the life of the school, and are exemplary ambassadors representing the ethos of Whickham:
- Everyone is a leader who demonstrates the school values.
- Everyone always ensures a culture of learning that engages, excites and inspires.
- Everyone always works effectively to achieve beyond expectations.
- Everyone always ensures that all barriers to learning are addressed.
Our Student Leadership Team are appointed from Easter of Year 12 to Easter of Year 13. Throughout their term of office they are responsible not only for leading their peers, but also for representing them and the school to the wider community. Their role in student voice requires regular meetings with senior staff members to discuss student feedback and agree actions.
The Team is headed up by the Head Boy and Head Girl along with Deputies, Specialist Ambassadors (aligned to student priorities) and House Captains.
21/22 Student Leadership Team
- Head Girl: Emily Oakes
- Head Boy: Jake Trinder
- Deputy Head Girls: Victoria Munday & Ellie Moffett
- Deputy Head Boys: Morgan Gaulton & Alex Williams
- Ambassadors: Emily Mitchell, Eleanor Dibley, Erin Parkin, Ella Harvey
- House Captain Kestrels: Rosie Wakefield (Deputy: Erin Mann)
- House Captain Eagles: Sian Ameer-Beg (Deputy: Kate Foreman)
The Student Leadership have chosen to work in teams over the coming academic year to focus on work linked to developing and promoting our 4 Keys within Post-16 provision.
Deputies will act as an overall lead for each group which include:
- transition and raising aspiration,
- study and school environment
- pupil experience
Groups and representatives will also deliver assemblies and produce regular updates and articles for The Whickham Way and Governors reports.