Why Work at Whickham?
We believe that people are our greatest asset. They are at the heart of our School and our success depends on getting the best from them. Our people are not only the face of the school but also the spirit behind our continued success and our desire to become outstanding.
The School is made up of people from all backgrounds and communities. Whatever your age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation, you will be valued as an individual and recognised for your skills and personality alone. We are committed to develop our people to achieve their full potential.
- Regular and free access to our newly refurbished fitness suite
- Access to cycle to work (including e-bikes) and e-vehicle schemes
- Prioritised admission for children of staff to the school
How we invest in our staff
- Fortnightly early student finish to allow for a greater investment in CPDL
- Lower than average teaching allocation (42/49 periods a fortnight for full time teaching staff)
- Timetabled, fortnightly collaborative time with subject colleagues, within the timetabled day (what we call collaborative team meetings) which allow further development of subject pedagogy.
- A larger than average support team focussing on both pastoral and achievement issues
- A commitment to dealing with behaviour restoratively so that the root causes of behavioural issues are tackled, reducing issues over time
- A commitment to collaborative work and planning, reducing planning workload
For further information about positions available at Whickham please visit our Vacancies page
We are accredited with the Bronze level of the Better Health at Work award and we are committed to supporting staff not only through the dedicated campaigns that we have run, but also in proactively encouraging healthy practice in a range of meaningful ways.