Scholars Bus Services
Nexus contract a number of bus services to provide school transport. Please note that different routes operate in the morning and afternoon.
Nexus AM Services
- 889 Scotland Head Park Lane to Whickham
- 890 Blackhall Mill to Whickham
- 893 High Spen Bus Stand to Whickham
- 895 Byermoor to Whickham
- 898 Kingsmeadow School to Whickham
- 899 Shibdon Road to Whickham
Nexus PM Services
- 893 – Whickham to Winlaton Mill, Sherburn Towers, Rowlands GIll, Highfield & High Spen
- 896 – Whickham to Suniside, Byermoor, Rowlands Gill, Highfield and High Spen
- 897 – Whickham to Winlaton Mill, Sherburn Towers, Rowlands Gill, High Spen and Backhall Mill
- 898 – Whickham to Scotland Head, Winlaton, Dunston, Swalwell, Winlaton
- 899 – Whickham to Swallwell, Scotland Head, Winlaton Bus Station and Shibdon Road
Click here for a copy of the Nexus Scholars Bus Timetables
(This information is provided by Nexus and is updated as and when changes occur. Nexus can accept no liability for any errors or omissions herein)
Stanley Travel – Burnopfield Students
The 801 Bus Service is provided in partnership with Durham County Council and Stanley Travel for students travelling from Dipton, Flinthill, Crookgate, Hobson and Burnopfield to Whickham School. The service operates in the morning and after school. The 801 Timetable can be viewed on the link below.
- The 801 connects to the 713 service from Stanley and Tanfield
- 801 Weekly tickets will be available to purchase on the 713 and weekly tickets bought via the My Trip app will be accepted on the 713 connecting services*
- Prices: Single = £2.20, Return = £3.30 and Weekly = £13.50
*Please note that whilst the morning connection is guaranteed, the evening connection is not – if traffic causes the 801 to be delayed students will have to wait for the next 713 service.
Click here for a copy of the 801 Timetable
Concerns or complaints with regards to the bus services should be directed to:
- Nexus (0191 20 20 747)
- Stanley Travel (01207 237 424)
Mr McCaughey oversees operation of the buses within school.