The Pupil Premium was introduced by the Government in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to support and raise the attainment of disadvantaged children.
Understanding the needs of disadvantaged pupils and quality first teaching lie at the heart of our disadvantaged strategy.
At Whickham School the following areas have been identified as barriers to progress for disadvantaged pupils:
- Poor attendance
- Low expectations and aspirations
- Poor parental engagement with school
- A lack of cultural capital
- Weaker literacy and numeracy skills
- Poorer relationships with school leading to a higher frequency of behavioural incidents
For more information about our pupil premium funding and performance please refer to our