Sixth Form Learning Contract
As a member of the Sixth Form at Whickham School, students are expected to uphold the guidelines outlined below:
The student will always endeavor to:
- Attend school regularly and punctually and inform the school office of absence on the first day.
- Behave in a mature and socially acceptable manner at all times.
- Adhere to school policy including the code of dress.
- Take full advantage of extra-curricular activities.
- Organise part-time employment and leisure in such a way as to ensure adequate time for homework and additional research work.
- Fulfill the requirements of the course.
- Attend all re-sit Maths and English lessons if applicable.
In return the school will always endeavor to provide:
- Guidance which is personal and relevant throughout the student’s career.
- Information on bursaries, careers, open days and student concessions.
- Effective assessment and reviewing to ensure the most successful course is being pursued.
- An appropriate learning environment including adequate library, study and computer facilities.
- Opportunities for personal development beyond the normal curriculum of the school.
- Regular consultation with teachers, parents and outside bodies.
The “Whickham 6”
Our 6 characteristics of a successful learner . . . .
- Be here: ensure you attend sixth form and attend on time.
- Be prepared: always arrive to Sixth Form equipped with the resources and mindset to learn.
- Be well: keep yourself physically and mentally well and seek support if you feel unwell.
- Be engaged: engage in lessons and in the extra opportunities on offer at Whickham sixth form.
- Be inspired: make sure you always push yourself to be the best you can be.
- Be inspiring: you are a role model to younger students. Take opportunities to help them develop into successful young adults.